Friday, May 6, 2016

One Thousand



I have been having an internal discussion about writing this post for some time.  It began several posts ago, but for the last couple of days I have been forced into a position where I have to decide – one way or another – and the decision would be permanent either way.

Of course, it is obvious what I have concluded – as the post is here.

This marks the one-thousandth post at this blog.

As many of you know, bionic’s life began at the Daily Bell more than six years ago – and I will always look back on that time and those days with great pleasure.  Shortly thereafter, this blog was born.  Writing (and posting publicly) has forced me to try to capture my thoughts in a logical manner – one of my main objectives when I began this endeavor.

Another objective was to refine and expand my thoughts and ideas – and to be open to change when I found I was on a bad path.  A third was as a motivator to learn.  Finally, if my writing could motivate even a handful of people to reconsider something – anything – this would be the cherry on top.

I know the blog has received wider attention due to others who have picked up my work and posted it elsewhere.  First and foremost in this is Lew Rockwell – something like 250 or so of the posts here have also been republished at LRC.  Alex Jones has run several pieces as well.  Recently Jacob Hornberger has also picked up a few pieces. 

There have been others – Reformed Libertarian and Lions of Liberty come to mind.  One article was published as a Mises Daily.  I have even been interviewed once – by the Political Badger!

However, the best thing that has come out of my decision is the feedback from many of you – more than 5,000 comments to date (albeit, some of these are my own replies – more opportunities for me to learn and think critically). 

Many of you have been around since the Daily Bell days – the first year or two at that site offered one of the most intelligent and dynamic comment sections to be found anywhere (let alone at an open site), and I am pleased and humbled that you continue to contribute here.

But for all of you – those who comment, those who are new, those who have been around from the beginning, and those who read and never say a word – thank you!

12 comments:

  1. Your blog is one of the most honest and intelligent one can find on the internet and is one of the first stops I make every day in hopes of a new posting, never knowing where your latest will take me, but always knowing that it will be deeply thoughtful and filled with information that will require further investigation.
    Looking forward to the next thousand and beyond...
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bm,

    I concur with Unknown above. You are one of the most lucid and open-minded libertarian writers on the 'net. Your thoughts on nearly any given subject often force me re-think and hone my own positions. It helps keep me sharp and together we all learn.

    Thank you for being courageous and willing to leave yourself vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on one thousand. It's an impressive number, considering that your posts are both well-written, and original works of thought; these require no small amount of energy. You've helped crystallize my own thinking on many things in these years; though I (usually) read without commenting, this seems an opportune time to thank you for the depth and breadth of your endeavor here. I'll continue to visit this island of calm and clarity - for as long as you continue to write for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Bionic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to all the above.
    Thanks, Bionic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To each of you, thanks. And thanks for your contributions to this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No,Thank you!!!!!!!

    Owyhee Cowboy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are developing quite a culture here...

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a small community, but I like to think of it as *discriminating*!

      That can be taken in so many ways, I guess....

      Delete