Wednesday, October 2, 2013

One Evil Begets Another



Harry Reid has sent a heartfelt letter to John Boehner regarding the government (not-really) shutdown.  Basically his position is: I decided not to fight the funding for the Iraq war even though I didn’t like it, so you should decide to fund Obamacare. 

There were many gut-wrenching nights when I struggled over what I needed to do to end the carnage. In those days, when President Bush was Commander in Chief, I could have taken the steps that you are taking now to block Government funding in order to gain leverage to end the war. I faced a lot of pressure from my own base to take that action. But I did not do that. I felt that it would have been devastating to America.

Harry is saying: Hey, I funded an even bigger evil than Obamacare - certainly you can take a small step in my direction.

I say heartfelt, because I am certain he is sincere regarding his raising the ante for egregious behavior from the US government.  Of course, if he had an ounce of morality he would have taken this stand against Bush.

At the end of the letter, Reid promises to work on the fiscal issues facing the government.

Together, we can end this government shutdown and work to address the important fiscal issues facing our Nation.

No, really – no one in leadership in Congress has done a single thing for decades to address the important fiscal issues, but now Harry means it.  Really.

Trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment